Adam,

It has nothing to do with religion. They want to kill me because I'm a Jew. It's
something I can't change (nor would I want to.) They want to kill Beth because she's a
Jew, even though she's not religious. They want to kill Ben too, because he's Jewish.
If you were Jewish, they'd want to kill you. So religion has no real bearing on the
argument. It's just an excuse on their side for their hatred.

This is the reality of being a Jew. There will always be people who want to kill us.
The Nazis wanted to kill people who had one Jewish grandparent, people who had
converted, people who had never considered themselves Jewish. It didn't matter what
their personal practice. The Nazis didn't make a differentiation. If you haven't
studied Jewish history, or if you aren't Jewish yourself, it's very hard to get a
handle on. The hatred of the Palestinians towards Jews (as I've seen time and time
again) is very akin to what the Nazis had. That's why the fight is still going on --
not because Judaism as a religion is still strong and vibrant throughout the world.
And such hatred is not easily overcome, and perhaps won't be until the Messiah comes
and brings world peace.

As a Jew, I have a right to live in the land of my forefathers. The land that is my
birthright. Which is something you may never agree with or acknowledge.

I really don't want to get into this argument right now -- I have no time for it and
how often have we rehashed this one?

Judith (who has so much to do with Fusion Authority right now, it's a wonder I'm even
responding.)
  The reason I ask is because the conspiracist in me is wondering how long
  before we start using these things on our own people as a secretive form of
  law enforcement? Wellstone anyone? He was against the 'war'. I could see a
  hard core war-monger interpreting this as a criminal act of treason. And if
  it's as easy as moving a joystick around in order to make that criminal just
  go away, then heck - why not? (don't call me on Wellstone - just speaking
  figuratively and where the trend is going - I'm not going there to say
  Wellstone was killed.)

  Today it's the 'terrorists' we're targeting, and using as an excuse to keep
  our defense industry nice and bloated. But what happens when the terrorists
  are defeated? Do we just fire the defense contractors and say "well, it was
  nice building these little unmanned aircraft that are capable of shooting a
  flaming laser down somebody's spinal column, but we don't really see a need
  for that anymore". I doubt that happening.

  And Mike, to bring up Israel, and then use this as justification for what
  they do is wrong. Your words were something along the lines of "All right -
  Israel has been doing this all along. Now don't you see we are right?"

  This bears repeating since you keep bringing up Israel:
  There is no difference between Israelis and Palestinians other than their
  religion - this is why the world doesn't really do anything about it, and
  just sits back in disgust. The fact that they're still at war over something
  that most people stopped fighting for hundreds of years ago is in fact
  disgusting. To continue on and try to make up other reasons is silly and
  ignorant. If nobody was blatantly religious, nobody would know who to kill.
  The hardline religion stops, the violence stops. The fact that you're
  willing to die just because you're so attached to your religious beliefs is
  your choice, and somewhat respectable, but don't expect the rest of the
  world to support that. Shooting people with rockets is TEMPORARY; in the
  long term it's just more fuel to the fire. Lightening up your religious
  beliefs, and not discriminating against the people who have conflicting
  religious beliefs will fix it. Since that won't happen with either the Jew's
  or the Muslim's, then you'll just have to keep killing each other. Just
  because one side uses sophisticated technology doesn't make it right. I know
  you'll say it's the Arabs who are instigating and that you're just trying to
  live in peace, but they're saying the same thing about you.

  You should also know that the US is taking advantage of the situation over
  there - how you still don't see this is beyond me. Confilct in that region
  is what keeps the US in control of the precious oil. Without conflict, that
  region might *gasp* prosper, and actually establish itself.

  Adam.