The reason I ask is because the conspiracist in me is wondering how long
before we start using these things on our own people as a secretive form of
law enforcement? Wellstone anyone? He was against the 'war'. I could see a
hard core war-monger interpreting this as a criminal act of treason. And if
it's as easy as moving a joystick around in order to make that criminal just
go away, then heck - why not? (don't call me on Wellstone - just speaking
figuratively and where the trend is going - I'm not going there to say
Wellstone was killed.)

Today it's the 'terrorists' we're targeting, and using as an excuse to keep
our defense industry nice and bloated. But what happens when the terrorists
are defeated? Do we just fire the defense contractors and say "well, it was
nice building these little unmanned aircraft that are capable of shooting a
flaming laser down somebody's spinal column, but we don't really see a need
for that anymore". I doubt that happening.

And Mike, to bring up Israel, and then use this as justification for what
they do is wrong. Your words were something along the lines of "All right -
Israel has been doing this all along. Now don't you see we are right?"

This bears repeating since you keep bringing up Israel:
There is no difference between Israelis and Palestinians other than their
religion - this is why the world doesn't really do anything about it, and
just sits back in disgust. The fact that they're still at war over something
that most people stopped fighting for hundreds of years ago is in fact
disgusting. To continue on and try to make up other reasons is silly and
ignorant. If nobody was blatantly religious, nobody would know who to kill.
The hardline religion stops, the violence stops. The fact that you're
willing to die just because you're so attached to your religious beliefs is
your choice, and somewhat respectable, but don't expect the rest of the
world to support that. Shooting people with rockets is TEMPORARY; in the
long term it's just more fuel to the fire. Lightening up your religious
beliefs, and not discriminating against the people who have conflicting
religious beliefs will fix it. Since that won't happen with either the Jew's
or the Muslim's, then you'll just have to keep killing each other. Just
because one side uses sophisticated technology doesn't make it right. I know
you'll say it's the Arabs who are instigating and that you're just trying to
live in peace, but they're saying the same thing about you.

You should also know that the US is taking advantage of the situation over
there - how you still don't see this is beyond me. Confilct in that region
is what keeps the US in control of the precious oil. Without conflict, that
region might *gasp* prosper, and actually establish itself.

Adam.