From: Candace Cottrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:31 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Hobbies

My other hobby, although, I don't consider it a hobby, really is
songwriting and singing. I can make money at it when I have or want
gigs, and even though it can be long hours, etc. it's NEVER work to me.
But I do take it seriously, and hopefully someday I'll get heard :)

I am buying a buttload of equipment for a home production center, but
need to change the room around to get all of it in there. So it looks
like for a while, my hobby will be "home interior".

Which reminds me, does anyone here live and breathe Trading Spaces the
way I do??

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/3/2002 3:19:35 PM >>>

Shooting was actually going to be my suggestion.

Most of the activities people have listed seem like they could lead to
a lot
of frustration. Planting an aquarium? Ugh, too much fiddling with Ph
and
such. Writing? To much frustration when the words don't come.

The trick is to find the hobby that never turns into work. Heck, my
hobby is
building computers and some days I just dread the troubleshooting.

That brings up another thought. Why is it that we always pick
expensive
hobbies? Sure reading a book isn't that expensive, but building
computers
is. Or balsa RC planes.

But I figure you've got a gun or two and I know when I used to shoot
that it
always put me into a "zone" where nothing else existed. It was much
more
effective for that than various martial arts. Those take a lot more
work to
become good at and there's that frustration again when you just can't
get
that third kick in during the jump.

-Kevin