> Coding in different languages is not really that much of a plus.
> You can do
> that in CF too just differently.
> For example you can access Web services built in any language from
> CF, and
> the code you write to do it can't be beat for simplicity.

That's not programming CF in a different language.  That's separating logic.

If I was a developer using Java, for instance, what's easier to learn?  C#, which is a
total ripoff of Java, or CF, which has it's own proprietary syntax?

> Strong Typing... Doesn't the CFMX Java servlet compare favourably
> in this
> regard?

CF doesn't even have a concept of a null.  Having just floating point numbers sucks -
hard.  I'd love to have, say, some sort of exact number storage for those times when
1.5 must actually equal 1.5.

> separating code from presentation - What is exactly better about
> this? Is it
> simply because the model more or less forces you to do this?

And you think it's a _good_ idea to keep your business logic intertwined with your
presentation?  Yikes!

And no, ASP.NET doesn't enforce this.

> Server validation controls - interesting but isn't this once again
> a matter
> of having something pre-built?

Yes.  So what?  EVERYTHING in CF is prebuilt - you're building a C++ program (pre
CFMX) or a Java program (CFMX).

> Web Controls - I am writing user docs for an app built using these
> and they
> aren't perfect

Yes, but they are.  And you can build your own.