There's a tool you might consider getting (free) from MS - IIS Lockdown.
Basically it'll shut down (interactively) just about everything (ports,
extensions, etc) - you can enable only those few that you need.

It's being updated regularly.  There's also a URL Scan tool, but I think
that's been integrated with IIS lockdown in the lastest releases.

If the server is truly only for internal use you can block all access
from all but your IPs in the "security" tab of properties.

But in general if you've applied the service packs/hot fixes and run the
lock down tool you should be pretty safe - especially considering that
you're already behind a firewall.

Jim Davis