I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Wales, there is plenty more for
you to see if you visit again too - Snowdonia, the Brecon Beacons, about
1000 or so more castles - and it even stops raining in the summer sometimes!
;)

I do know what you mean about Wales being seen as worth visiting by many
English people, as soon as my accent is heard in certain parts of the UK the
comments about "Sheep shagging Taffs" start and usually move on to jokes
about living in caves in the valleys, place names with no vowels, a language
that nobody speaks etc.

I found it particularly ironic once that in a small village in Yorkshire,
surrounded by moors and with no mains water, to be told how backward we
were. I had to explain that I lived in a university town with Cardiff 20
minutes in one direction and the Brecons 20 minutes in the other. Cardiff is
one of the best shopping centres in the UK, it also has museums, the second
biggest film industry in the UK, Europe's largest covered stadium (where
Springsteen is playing next year, yeaaah!), the largest waterside
development in Europe - the list goes on.  And it has a castle in the middle
of it.

The Brecons on the other hand are where the SAS do their basic training, one
of the wildest places in Britain.

I like living here!
(especially as it has one of the lowest costs of living in the UK!)