I got so sick and tired of the worthless crap spewing forth from every one
of cable's 200 channels that I took the radical step of purchasing the DVD
boxed set of "I, Claudius" produced by BBC television back in 1976.  For you
Trekkies out there, it's a real trip to see Patrick Stewart as a young man
with a full head of curly hair!

This is some of the best writing and acting I've ever seen.  Why don't we
produce this kind of quality anymore?  If I see one more mass market bleach
blonde teenager shaking her half-covered ass on network prime time in what
amounts to a thinly veiled strip tease, I'm going to puke!  Stick that
flavor-of-the-week in a sugar cone and bring out Ian McKellen as Richard III
(which is a truly great work... Shakespeare's classic adapted to 1930's
England, with striking parallels to Nazi Germany thrown in to illustrate the
patternistic nature of history)!

Once I've played this series out, I'm getting the entire series of "The
Prisoner," which was also produced by BBC Television, but was produced back
in the late sixties (I think).  Then it's on to Wagner's "Der Ring des
Nibelungen" -- all 14-1/2 hours of it!

Anyone have suggestions for additional significant, substantial works of
audiovisual artistry?  I figured maybe we as a community might each purchase
something, watch it, and then rotate it to the next interested party.  Kind
of a "ColdFusion Community Lending Library" that we could all discuss from
time to time.  Then, when we're all done, the original buyers can recoup
some expense by selling their purchases on eBay.

What do you think?  Anyone with me?

PS-- "Dude, Where's My Car?" is NOT a candidate film for this venture. :)

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:   770-446-8866
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/