> Hi Adam ...one of the great lesser-known tv series that made me cry with
> bittersweet laughter is called The Singing Detective...  I also really
> enjoyed Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren. A Year In Provence was pretty
good
> too in my opinion. Also Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett.
>
> Other ones I have enjoyed but probably wouldn't buy:
> The Avengers
> The Vicar of Dibley
> The Fugitive
> Mulberry
> The Brittas Empire - (very funny!)
> Chef (the old series)
> Inspector Morse
> Cracker (the Robbie Coltrane version)
> Lovejoy
> Miss Marple
> James Herriott series
>
> I don't watch tv anymore but I sometimes enjoy Judging Amy...

Now THAT's the kind of list I was looking for.  Thanks, Patrick!  The last
Prime Suspect I saw was PS5, and that was years ago.  I always like Mirren.

I'll get my own list of films up soon.  They tend to make you reflect on
life, what it's all about (I know, I know... 42) how to get through it
without getting sh*t all over you.  I'm leaning more toward foreign films
because other cultures have more of a struggle to live successfully, and in
that constant struggle is found meaning.  I often reflect on the differences
between what is intrinsically understood by everyone over there versus what
the pampered pay $200 an hour to some windbag phoney to supposedly learn
over here.

I like to contrast and compare everything between cultures and time
periods -- and even species.  It's amazing to me how ashamed we are of our
animal natures, though no matter how we try to deny and disguise ourselves
the animal is always right there just underneath the face paint.  There is
little difference between the courtship of the tiny Bowery Bird and the
courtship of the Yuppie, for example.  And you can easily parallel a twenty
minute Nature Channel clip of the mating cycle of the Bowery Bird to the
plot of a Jane Austen novel.

PS for Patrick: I finally tried some Saint Andre last week, and it was
delicious!  A bit young, so the next wedge I'll choose a little riper.
Anyway, it's a new fave around here with everyone.  Any suggestions for
companion cheeses and perhaps an accompanying wine selection?  What do you
think of Saint Andre?

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:   770-446-8866
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/