From: Philip Arnold - ASP [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 1:51 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Did the Chinese discover America?

> Discovered for who?
>
> Did Columbus discover America? Yes, but just for Western Europe. The
> land was always there, some people didn't know, those who
> found it told
> others about, and thus they discovered it.
>
> It is all a game of perspective, if the Chinese found it but
> didn't tell
> anybody, then the Columbus discovered it, but if the Chinese told
> everybody, then they discovered it.

Didn't the Vikings get to North America?

If so, they "discovered" if before any of the others

Then again, the Native American Indians already knew it was there, as
they we living there

Oh look, I've just discovered this chair I'm sitting on :-P

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited