From: Nick McClure [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:59 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Did the Chinese discover America?

America, to me a US citizen, does not mean the country "The Unites
States of America"

It means the continents that contain the US, Canada, Mexico, Cuba,
Columbia, Brazil, Peru, Venezuela and the rest.

It was named for Amerigo Vespucci, the Italian Explorer who first came
here in the 1400s, long before the first English Settlers showed up, and
long before the formation of the United States of America.

That name came from the idea that the 13 colonies would be come 13
countries, but would operate together on foreign issues, Even through
the civil war many people considered the state that country, and the USA
just a body that handled other issues.

I am an American, Canadians are Americans, Brazilians are Americans

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest.

Nova