IIRC, if the date on the HTML doesn't change, the content (in this case the
flash file) doesn't either.  I remember this was a problem with my webcomics
back when I was on a 28.8 modem and downloading them overnight for the next
day.

Unlike your client, I got geeky and wrote a Perl script to go grab them.
:-)

--  Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software, Inc