//Snip

I don't think so. I think that it doesn't have anything to do with knowing
better than everyone else. It has to do with feeling safe on the road when
you are surrounded by these monsters that you cannot see around or through,
that have huge blind spots so they cannot see you and that tend to ride your
bumper at 70+ mph with headlights glaring into your rear view mirror - all
of this with usually just one or maybe two people in the vehicle. I think
many of these drivers develop an arrogance on the road that comes from a
misplaced sense of confidence and safety with the size of these vehicles
they are driving. While these people may in some ways be safer themselves by
driving these vehicles (debatable - see some of the statistics that have
been released in the last week) they are also hazards to those of us who
don't drive them.

//Snip

Wow, you just don't get it do you? "Free Market" means I can buy whatever I want.  You
don't like it, too bad, this is America.  Are you mad at the people who drive the
vehicles, or the vehicles themselves?  Are you jealous because you don't have one?
Would you have us all be in tin can cars? Once again I revert back to the land of the
free, free to drive the car of our choice.  Don't like it, too bad!