I was on a felony jury one time.
Only took 4 days, and employer covered my salary.
Was truly happy to be able to vote to convict the scumbag.

Have to say I was really fair -
said "ok, they said 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. So let's try to find a
reason to acquit.
If we can't find a reason, then we're pretty sure they're guilty."
So they voted me foreman. :-)

Victim was an older fairly wealthy widow who got Parkinson's, needed
in-home care.
Defendant and her daughter hired to provide care, robbed the woman blind.
Jewelery her late husband had given her, art, silver, mementos. Awful.

-Ben