SMR wrote:
>I have a client who has DSL access through WorldCom. They have 6
>computers that each get static IP's through their setup. This is not
>the ideal setup since they are wide open to the internet and I don't
>believe their dsl router has any type of firewall built in. One of the
>machines was hacked and a virus was left behind.  I would rather not
>set up a NAT in this case because then it will be harder for me to do
>remote administration on their machines. I'm looking for a solution of
>either putting a firewall on each machine or changing out the DSL
>router with one that has firewall built in. Anyone have any
>suggestions?

If you have the spare hardware (486 with 16 MB will do), you could also put
a machine in between that runs OpenBSD and takes over the routing job from
the DSL router or runs proxy-ARP. PIX-quality firewall for a fraction of the price :-)

> Anyone with knowledge/experience on a WorldCom setup ?

Shouldn't really matter. It is either PPPoA/E, in which case you let the
tunnel terminate on the OpenBSD system, or it is RFC 1483, in which case you
set up the OpenBSD system to do proxy-ARP.

Jochem