Ya know Todd,

I was actually thinking about this before I dropped off to sleep last
night ...

I LOVE ColdFusion ... I love the neat advanced tricks you can do, I like
to push the envelope and see what I can hook into ... I read as much as
I can, I follow others exploits ... ColdFusion is fun, useful, easy to
learn, hard to get to work sometimes while other times it works right
away, but overall it is fantastic, even when I'm complaining bitterly.
I've been putting a roof over my head, food in my belly and skis on my
feet since 1998 because of ColdFusion and ColdFusion only. I adore it.

Now I may whine and moan sometimes at MM ... Especially about the
updater not available on a non-Flash link (which they are duly working
on) but I've never attacked the language ... Sure, there's shortcomings,
and people hate the way it handles certain tasks ... But doesn't EVERY
language have a pitfall somewhere? Is there one PERFECT language? (and I
use the term "language" loosely.)

What I'm getting to though, is what I was pondering ...

In all this talk, in all this time ... There is no overwhelming evidence
beside Market Speak White Papers on why any MONEY BOSS would say, "You
know what, CF is the way to go, here's the check."

There's no "Facts versus Myths" paper (to put to bed the common
misconceptions of ColdFusion), there's no true UPDATED AND CURRENT
comparison across the board with MONEY, MONEY, MONEY mentioned. And
that's important, MONEY BOSSES don't care that it's fast, that it's
this, that it's that ... The want to see ROI!

MONEY BOSSES don't want to hear market speak. They want the bottom line.
They look at a proposal, "well, we need to employ a developer. He's
gonna cost x an hour... (continues reading) OH MY GOD ... We have to BUY
the language too???? And that's it ... The MONEY BOSS never get's any
further ....

He knows from his nephew that you can get ASP and PHP for free ...
FREE!!! FREE is a big word! ... And he never puts 2 and 2 together to
realize all the extra time a developer may have to take to do tasks in
ASP or PHP .... He'll never realize that all that time costs MONEY! And
when the project is all said and done, it's too LATE!

So unless I've missed a recent publication or a blurb on someone's blog
(which really does no good to the SALES world) ... Do these fairytale
documents exist? Written by someone with a "Name" that is "trustworthy"
and backed up by "real world applications"?

I wish I could do it. But I can't. Noone knows who I am or cares. Not
the people that control the checkbooks.

I could probably go on and on ... But I have applications to write and
code to fix, all in my beloved ColdFusion. Long may it live! Long may it
be King!