Hey Ray -

I personally use a Linksys Wireless 4 Point Cable/DSL Router along with a
USB Wireless Connector. Works well, but has several minor issues.

When I startup the machine, the USB device loads and sometimes, for no
discernable reason, does not want to work. The signal strength drops and the
device cannot reconnect. This despite the fact a laptop in the same room has
a 100% strength signal. Always have to reboot, and the machine will work
fine after that. I think the problem has to do with the fact that this is a
USB device. I'd like to see if I have the same problem with a wireless NIC
like I have on the laptop (which always runs fine).

The USB device is configured to work over a channel, and I have to switch
the channels about once a month. Nothing serious, but,  again,
inexplicable...

When the channel needs to be changed, I know it because I suddenly start
having problems with latency. I will be using RDS and suddenly saving a page
takes about five minutes.

It took me about a month of Saturdays to learn how to place nice with my
current configuration, but things work fine now and I have no major problems
with the minor issues. My cordless phone is 2.4 Ghz, and the router has no
problems with it.

The one thing I would recommend is looking at Amazon before buying from Best
Buy. I paid about $80 less for the router and the USB device purchasing over
the Web than if I purchased from Best Buy, and they have a policy about not
price matching Internet sales.