Yepper. It was the mention of Annapolis that triggered that memory no
doubt. I lived in Selby down on the Mayo peninsula and went to Anne Arundel
Community College. I seem to recall it was about the time I worked there
that they got sued too - 9/10 years ago? I've wondered about that big well-
dressed party waaaaaaaay at the end of room who left in disgust after I did
not get to them in about ten minutes ... I truly suck as a waitress <g>
good thing I have other skills now.

Dana

On Thu, 29 May 2003 17:06:15 -0400, Haggerty, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You worked in the Annapolis Denny's? That's right down the street from
> where
> I live.

> From: Dana Tierney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, May 29,
> 2003 4:53 PM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: Re: Sambo's
>

> I believe the theory behind the racism idea is that the book portrays
> Sambo as well not very smart. I am not defending this view just sayng
> that that is what it is as I understand it. But what do I know. I once
> worked at a Denny's that was sued because it allegedly discriminated
> against blacks by not serving them. Um, actually, we gave really really
> lousy service to everyone :) fifteen tables is just too many on the swing
> shift.
>
> Dana

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com