How is the page structured?  You need to do this a little differently for
iframes and separate windows.

If you have two iframes, a and b, and you want a to change b, it goes
something like this (iirc)

<a
href="javascript:parent.getElementById('b').contentWindow.href='http://url.c
om';">link</a>

Ugh!  But it works in most level 5+ browsers (basically the ones I've tested
that support iframes) (assuming I'm remembering this all correctly).

Anyway, hope that gets your ears wiggling in the correct frame.  If you want
more help, why don't we take this offlist?  Not that it's OT, but that it's
/boring/....  :-)

--  Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software, Inc