You're totally in denial.  Your survival depends far more on the
military than you think it does.  While I don't respect every action
that the military has been ordered to take, nor every policy that they
force the troops to follow, I know that without a strong military, the
US would not exist as it does today.  Somehow you think that nobody
wants to attack the US, that you on your own could stave off the masses
of foreign armies and navies that would attack us if it weren't for the
massive collections of troops and weapons that we have?  All I have to
do to counteract that idea is to point to those countries where the
people fight against each other because there is no government strong
enough to keep the chaos at bay with the military.  Let me see...
Somalia, Bosnia, Sierra Leone just to name the ones I've been to.

The thing about diplomacy is that it doesn't exist without leverage.
Guess where that leverage comes from?

There are times that opinions are wrong, this is one of those times.
Make sure to keep your head buried in the snow of Wisconsin should
anything ever happen to our strong military - those invading bullets
might just miss you.

Matthew Small
Corporal, USMC 1990-1996