Wondering if anyone here uses an ER diagramming tool to help model their new
databases.

I've been using EnterpriseManager for SQLserver, and PHPMyAdmin for MySQL.
It would be nice if there was a standalone client application out there that
allows you to visually model for various databases and then spits out the
proper DDL code that you can save as .sql files - one for SQL server, one
for MySQL, one for Oracle, etc. I know you'll still have to look at the DDL
after it's generated, but if there's a tool that can help generate an
initial draft for each database, that would be nice.

I just bought ColdFusionMX Bible (awesome) and it shows screenshots of
ERstudio. Anyone using this?

Adam.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com