Wow, did we see the same movie? Not once did I feel the movie was
moralistic or reactionary. Heck, one classic part of the film, where
Gump is asked for his feelings on Vietnam, is intentionally left
neutral. How did you feel the movie was trying to be moralistic? I have
to say I never read the book, so I can't compare, although it's rare for
a movie to come even close to being as good as the book.

-rc