John,

Ferrets rarely survive very long outside. They typically don't know how to
hunt and have no idea of the dangers etc. The US Humane Society has
estimated that ferrets survive on average about a week in the wild. If you
do find it again, you may want to contact your local animal control or one
of the shelters on the following list:

Amarillo Ferret Rescue
Debby Kelly
6002 Hampton Drive
Amarillo
TX
79109
806-359-9159
not-for-profit

Lonestar Ferrets
13401 Metric Blvd. #324
Austin
TX
78727
512-989-6432
http://www.lonestarferrets.org
not-for-profit

Ferret Lover's Club of Texas
FLC
P.O. Box 286
Bedford
TX
76095-0286
817-498-1470
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.texasferret.org
not-for-profit

Lone Star Ferrets
Jessica Montgomery
PO BOX 670
Claude
TX
79019
912-368-4433
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geocities.com/lone_star_ferrets

George Shaw
PO Box 26928
El Paso
TX
79926
915-852-1842
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
not-for-profit

Nancy  C. Judd
102 Indian Oaks Dr
Harker Heights
TX
76548
254-699-5920

contact
Cynthia Hill
722 Wilken
Houston
TX
77008
713-869-5956
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
not-for-profit

The Ferret Depot
P.O. Box 1247
Katy
TX
77492
281-391-9769 281-855-1717
www.theferretdepot.homestead.com/
501 (c) (3) nonprofit

Debbie Simpson
825 Lee St.
Kerrville
TX
78028
830-792-3319
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For the LOVE of FERRETS
Jimena & Gail Hummel
2304 Kingsway Drive
League City
TX
77573-4910
281-332-4948
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tricks and Treats Rescue
Vicki Montgomery
323 Brown Dr
Pasadena
TX
77506
713-472-6599
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
not-for-profit

Ferret Haven
PO Box 442
Port Neches
TX
77651
409-724-7165
www.members.aol.com/ILuvNursin/index.html

San Antonio area Ferret Enthusiasts (SAFE)
Rick White, Executive Director
P.O. Box 190042
San Antonio
TX