There is no reason why we cannot still get the parts together, so long
as we can get solid confirmations on who is doing what.

Currently, we have 2 video cards submitted by Matthew Small and Larry
Lyons. I am prepared to supply a NIC, a modem, a power supply, a high
speed USB port, and a full version of Windows XP Professional. Jim
Davis, Jerry Johnson, Ben Doom, the Walkers, and a few other people have
offered to send additional parts for the cause.

We need a motherboard, a case, a hard drive, and a processor to start.
Once we have these identified and know their specifications, we need the
RAM and peripherials. There should include a CD burner, a DVD player,
etc.

I could also go out and purchase a bare-bones AMD 2800+ XP machine for
about $300 that would include the processor, chip and case. That would
leave us with having to supply the hard drive and peripherials. I would
need some financial assistance on this, because I am not in the position
to drop $300 right now.

Our other alternative is to just give cash. There are a number of > 2
Ghz machines available on Dell that fit these specifications for under
$800. A number of people have offered to send cash, but I am not set up
with a way to receive it other than check or money order (both of which
take time to clear). Mike D is, and we could make donations directly to
him.

My leaning is towards option #3 at this point. Michael would have the
machine that much quicker, and there would be less risk of something
falling through the cracks.

But what matters most is what the group thinks, and what everyone is
willing to commit to. This is a group project, and will only succeed if
we get enough people to solidly commit.