Last I remember I was waiting for an answer about that motherboard -
then I got totally sidetracked and forgot about the whole thing.

However I've since learned that motherboard won't support higher than a
500 Mhz chip.  Probably not useful considering what's out there.

I've still got the hard drive (it's a 75 gig IBM Deskstar) however -
send out the address again and I'll get my wife to send it out.  If you
wait for me... well, you'll be waiting.  ;^)

> Our other alternative is to just give cash. There are a number of > 2
> Ghz machines available on Dell that fit these specifications for under
> $800. A number of people have offered to send cash, but I am not set
up
> with a way to receive it other than check or money order (both of
which
> take time to clear). Mike D is, and we could make donations directly
> him.

I'd throw a chunk that way.  But it couldn't be until next week.

TigerDirect.com generally has some fine, fine deals on refurbs for
example an HP P4 2.5GHz, 512MB, 120GB HD, DVD,CDRW, with XP Home for
$599.

Sweet, sweet accelerated obsolescence.

Jim Davis