I think it is a great idea from Loews.

  On the other hand, I've never known anyone with a toddler who had money
to spend.

  I might argue with you on the need for supervision at these types of
"playgrounds" at malls or other stores.  I remember when I used to work at
Waldenbooks, they opened a "Waldenkids" section at one of the larger stores
in the area.  Some lady dropped off her son and went off shopping in the
rest of the shopping center.  Her son walked right out of the store.  Upon
return she couldn't find her son and spent quit a bit of time yelling at
the sales associates for not watching him.  The son was wandering around
the outside parking lot.

  A few weeks ago a couple of kids apparently caused a quite a bit of
damage at a Walmart while the mother went grocery shopping (at a completely
separate location).

  I've heard plenty of similar stories, although haven't experienced one
first hand.  Are these all urban legend or does this really happen?  I
don't see the "dad watches kid while mom shops" idea being applied enough
in the "real world."

--
Jeffry Houser | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AIM: Reboog711  | Phone: 1-203-379-0773