> So you must pay hourly connect charges to access the internet?
>
> (Since you have subscriptions and all)
>
> Jerry Johnson

No, but that's partly because hourly connect always-on broadband doesn't
make sense. And it's a necessary evil with some things. And because it's
always on, I can set up my system to make use of the connection even when
I'm not actively there. Somehow playing a movie or game while I'm not there
just doesn't work out as well. :-)

But honestly, do you _like_ paying subscription fees for net connection?
Just because we do it doesn't mean we have to like it.

As for NetFlix or the similar game rentals, I have nothing against people
who do like it. It just doesn't work for me. I just happen to much prefer
going to my local local video store, being able to pick up something that
instant that strikes my fancy, and I'm supporting a local business. And they
have great prices. With their mid-week special, I can rent four movies for
five dollars for five days.

-Kevin