Ben,

The usual investment advice is to buy sound stocks and hold them. However,
this assumes a diversified portfolio... it sounds like this is the only
stock you own.

SO the answer depends on:

1) if the stock tanks, are you wiped out?
2) are you retiring in five, ten, or fifteen or twenty years...
3) do you believe that the company is fundamentally sound, with good
management, products and policies, and that the market for that product is
stable?

if the answer to 3 is yes then you might want to consider holding some of
the stock, as long as you are not planning to retire real soon. (The reason
for the caveat being that if you plan to retire in five years, the business
cycle might not have come back around by then)

In either case thugh I would get my hands on some money, by selling some
stock if necessary, and put it into something else. Municipal bonds are
usually quite safe, I think they are tax free, and they will do well in
times when stocks do not.

Caution, I am not a financial planner, although I had a securities license
in another lifetime and I think what I am telling you here is fairly sound.

Dana

PS - Oh and btw people seem to think the economy is picking up so the stock
price probably is not at the beginning of a nose-dive, unless something is
going on with that particular stock.

Hope that helps and once again I suggest research before actually doing any
of this. You will be the one to deal the the consequences o your decision
so make sure you are comfortable with it.

And congratulations btw, sounds like you work for a good company :)