From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 9:04 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: return of the king game...

Last week an email from another list member was blocked by someone
because of a
blacklist. Personally, for all the good they supposable do, I will never
trust
them. I've gotten warnings from a RBL for a site I was doing and the
only reason
was that the link for the site was listed in an email they got. I get
spam from
RBLs all the time testing me out. I check out pure spam addresses
against RBLs
and in many specific cases they have no clue that its spam (012.net.il,
rima-tde.net, etc.)
I appreciate the job they're trying to do but....

As an aside, besides not using RBLs for my spam catching, none of the
HoF lists
or resources are on any.

> Bill;
> This is off topic, that is if anything can be off topic on
CF-Community.

> I notice the reference to ediets.com in you signature, so I thought I
would
ask.

> I notice, for one that ediets mail server is listed on a number of
anti-spam
> block lists, and according to records maintained by them, is a
prolific
spammer,
> spewing out everything from pirated software to those fake enlargement
scams.

> I know my own mail server is small potatoes compared to some of the
mainstream
> providers but it is being hammered constantly with attempts to send
spam.

> for instance, my server report from just yesterday shows the
following:

>  Sender address rejected: Domain not found
>          235   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   blocked using blackholes.easynet.nl
>            4   ediets.com
>
> IP number 216.52.164.191 is listed on 5 blacklists.
> IP number 216.52.164.192 is listed in 4 black lists
> IP number 216.52.164.54 is listed as spam support on 5 blacklists.
>  spam support - hosting sendoutmail.com and jdrmedia.com"
>
> If ediets themselves are not responsible for all this spamming, then
it is
> possible the mail server has been compromised and is being used as an
open
relay
> for spammers.  I do know, that if the situation continues, your
service
provider

  _____