I started this job 6 weeks ago. The overall idea was good. the
eventual implementation is not so good.

Unfortunately when I looked at the end result, and how to get to it,
its become quite clear that there were a few really large problems,
some of them may be insurmountable. Its a screen scraping app that
retrieves certain documents from different county web sites.
Unfortunately the way the logins are done on these sites mean that
I'm almost at the end of my rope trying to figure work arounds. A
cfhttp with redirect="yes" doesn't work with the first county's login
for instance, it returns an invalid login. When I manually try the
login on the contents of the cfhttp.fileContent, it allows me to
login no problem. And that's only one site. I can do a manual login
and the app works just fine. It can list and email that document list
to the user no problem. Then there's the redirect when the app tries
to retrieve the documents itself. As I said this is an impending
train wreck.

And that's only one county. The next county they want to work on uses
Windows work group logins. As far as I know cfhttp cannot work around
that.

Its been an exercise in frustration. At least the job market for CF
developers in this area is still pretty good.

larry