From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 6:37 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re:Need advice on two things

Dan Phillips wrote:

> The 2nd is one that a lot of you have dealt with. I have a dangerous
> combination in the house. A 13 year-old boy and broadband. Justin is
> very trustworthy but you know how teens are. Sometimes curiosity takes
> over. Are there any methods or software you would suggest that would
> monitor what he does online?

When he is online, sit next to him and talk to him. And if he is curious
about certain types of websites, visit a few together and tell him a
thing or two.

But if you are interested in the software / hardware / monitring side,
the best advice would be to make sure IE, Outlook and MSN can not be
used by him. Let him use alternatives such as Firebird, Thunderbird and
Trillian. With all their cookie and popup blocking features you will
have significantly less logfiles to analyze.

Jochem
  _____