> Back on topic...
> In a way, I'm actually "scared" of having children, in case I
> turn out like my father, and just walk away - in fact, I know
> I'd just walk away!

My wife and I have pretty much just resigned ourselves to the fact that we
WILL mess up our kids. Period. My wife is scared to death of spiders. I'm
super fussy about messy hands (i.e., I hate to eat with my hands). So I'm
sure our kids will get some of our hangups. But that's just life - don't
worry about it. ;) As it stands, kids will end up simply integrating your
hangups with new hangups to create all new hangups. :>