Yeah. what Kevin said.

Jim Davis

  _____

From: Kevin Graeme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 12:22 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Microsoft Rant.

I think he's right. He does need to get out of the business.

First, the deal with the NICs and speeds isn't MS's fault. That's whoever
that hardware vendor is. I've had similar problems.

As for the cascading upgrade, that's the way things are. You upgrade one
piece and you will inevitably have to upgrade other pieces. Oh, but they're
breaking things and thus intentionally forcing users to upgrade?!? Have you
ever redesigned a web site to use CSS? Have you ever told your users that
Netscape 4.7 just isn't good enough? Same thing. You had your reasons for
moving to CSS and those in turn required a change in the client.

Does it drive me bat shit crazy sometimes? Damn straight. But so long as I
agree to work in tech I agree to put up with the merry go round of upgrades
and what that means for my pocket. Some days I do consider that I might
actually have more money by working at a lower paid non-tech job. But right
now I like playing with computers and I'm willing to pay for it.

-Kevin