From: Candace Cottrell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 2:17 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Roadrunner, HP printers and Win 2K HELL

What a sucky way to do business.... tell the people it's their computer
(which worked fine until the HP printer was connected).

Well, I went home at lunch time and got Roadrunner working again. I went
into Internet Options and fooled with the Connections, rebooted and
alas! the internet was back up.

I'm still a little leary about the Device manager, though. I'll try to
get all those yellow exclamation points resolved tonight.

As for printers, buy.com has a new Laexmark similar to my Z42 for $43.00
including shipping.

The cartridges are included. So why, pray tell, would I buy 2 cartridges
at $35 a piece when I can get a new printer with cartridges included for
$43?

Also, I don't print in color all that much, but when I do, it's
something high-res. Do you all think I'd still be better off with a
Canon or Epson? I had an Epson from 1997-2000 and it worked well. Then I
got the Lexmark in 2000.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/5/2004 12:40:26 PM >>>
Crap, that exact same thing has happened to my friend with the exact
same printer  - his computer running win98.
I worked and worked on it. He called HP tech support and they told him
the same thing.

Hmmm...  sounds like a bad company problem to me.

- Matt Small