From: "Candace Cottrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: Roadrunner, HP printers and Win 2K HELL

> What a sucky way to do business.... tell the people it's their computer
(which worked fine until the HP printer was connected).

> Well, I went home at lunch time and got Roadrunner working again. I went
into Internet Options and fooled with the Connections, rebooted and alas!
the internet was back up.

> I'm still a little leary about the Device manager, though. I'll try to get
all those yellow exclamation points resolved tonight.

> As for printers, buy.com has a new Laexmark similar to my Z42 for $43.00
including shipping.

> The cartridges are included. So why, pray tell, would I buy 2 cartridges
at $35 a piece when I can get a new printer with cartridges included for
$43?

> Also, I don't print in color all that much, but when I do, it's something
high-res. Do you all think I'd still be better off with a Canon or Epson? I
had an Epson from 1997-2000 and it worked well. Then I got the Lexmark in
2000.

> Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
> The Children's Medical Center
> One Children's Plaza
> Dayton, OH 45404
> 937-641-4293
> http://www.childrensdayton.org
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Crap, that exact same thing has happened to my friend with the exact same
printer  - his computer running win98.