-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Small [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, now there is a recession and we're still working on getting out of
it.
Bush certainly has not helped future generations at all with deficit
spending, although I will admit that government spending does tend to
bring greater financial prosperity.  I think that's what we're seeing
now - the effect of government spending has a positive effect on the
nation's economy.  The difference between Clinton spending and Bush
spending is that Clinton spent from money that we had from taxes, while
Bush reduces taxes and spends even more than we have.  There's a strong
short term effect but in the long run we're going to be paying for it in
our old age and our children's old age.

I will also say that I think that NAFTA (A Clinton and Republican joint
effort) is a miserable failure for those people on the low end of the
financial spectrum.  Ross Perot got it right when he said: "That loud
whooshing noise is coming from Mexico sucking up all of our
manufacturing jobs."

- Matt Small

---