I'll put that on my list, haven't read it in a long time.

Currently reading "For US, The Living" Heilein's "first novel" (written
in ~1938; rejected twice in 1939 and shelved) basically a thin narrative
stringing together several lectures he gave on economics, social mores
and life in the future (2086).

Pretty good. A little wacky. A little frightening that he predicted the
death of FDR (plane crash in 1945) and an attack on Manhattan that
levelled the island (set for 2003 during the ABC War). I thought at
first that he had maybe gone back and tweaked later, but then I tought
if he did, why didn't he go ahead and write WWII into the story or Cuba
or Vietnam?

Most notable is the fact that you can see the seeds for most of his
future writings.

I recommend it.
will