Or, if flying American Airlines on a 757, when I get to the gate I request
the exit row aisle 17A or 17F.  Tons of leg room and the seat in front of
you does not recline.  I usually get to the airport about 2 to 2 1/2 hours
early and every time I request that seat, I get it.

Of course, if there is an emergency, you have to help out.  No problems
here.  I will contact the fire department from the airport bar...LOL