>Rationale:  By allowing indexing bots to harvest email and email addresses of
>posters to the HoF mail lists, fertile ground is by default being made available
>to email address harvesters resulting is increased spamming of HoF posters.
The posters email address is never shown on the archives. If an email address is shown, it is because it was deliberately put into the text of the message by someone. I could write an additional function to remove all such addresses from the archives when a message is displayed, but its more possessing.

>blocking on your server.  Possibly this can be done by placing all archives on
>the HoF server behind a user and password login.
Which would remove all of the google searchability.