Phillip:

You sound like you have developed an addiction to complex carbohydrates.  I agree with the other comments - go low carb or zone diet and get on a rigorous combination of aerobic and anaerobic exercise.  I have lost a net of 110 pounds doing it.

For more information:  go to http://forum.lowcarber.org