From: dana tierney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 5:59 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: ontario people

would you mind looking in your phone book please and giving me any and all numbers for Vital Statistics? I'd appreciate it. I am trying to get a copy of my birth certificate and have been told my options are two:

a) I fax an application to a number in Thunder Bay that's been constantly busy since I started trying on Friday

b) My mother drives from Ottawa to Toronto to pick one up for me. For any Americans reading this, that's about 300 miles.,,

There has *got* to be a better way. I asked the Mexicans if they would accept anything else as proof of citizenship, and they made rude remarks about third world countries. I find it hard to disagree. The consulate in Dallas is not returning calls and the Embassy in DC suggested my mother....

Thanks
Dana

PS - the 800 number does not work in the states.