Thanks George, comments inline

What screensaver? -- Seti at Home - Been running it forever with no
problems.

Have you run Spybot or Adaware recently to check for rogue apps? [John
Stanley]  NO I have not. I will have to do this.

If you find  it's not really related to your screensaver you might want to
reseat your
RAM modules to see if that helps . . . or maybe one of the RAM modules is
going bad . . . or have you updated the drivers for your video card
recently?[John Stanley]  No. I will try the ram thing if the spyware thing
doesnt remedy it.