From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 1:15 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: 'unpopular' Xbox console hits 3/4 million Live subscribers.

I dunno - I think MS did it right.  Or least close to right.

There are, for example, more people online with PS2 but each game is
doing
it's own thing.  Some are peer-to-peer (SOCOM, for example) but other's
require game-specific monthly fees.

With Live the idea was that you pay a single fee to play all available
online games, which really isn't a bad idea in and of itself.

Of course online is still embryonic at best. the GameCube eked its way
into
the number two spot this year with basically no online capability to
speak
of.

I think it will be a major thing. but right now the vast majority of
people
just don't seem interested.  Even with the best online offering
available
only what, 6% or so of XBox buyers have subscribed to Live.

Jim Davis

  _____