hey gang,

I just got a date for the hip replacement surgery - March 29th.

Before that, have a LOT of medical appointments:
signoff from primary physician
signoff from cardiologist
pre-op with surgeon
pre-op with anesthesiologist
pre-op class with physical therapist

Will probably be restricted from walking for 6 weeks afterwards.
<oy>
If they won't let me drive and use crutches, I can telecommute...

I'm excited, and a little scared.

The good news: will soon be out of constant pain and able to walk around without a cane.

The bad news: major surgery, major rehab.

The good news far outweighs the bad news :-)

-Benny the Borg <ha>
(considering where they put the prosthesis,
I'm going to be ass-similated <hehehe>)