I'm really sorry about your mother. The schizophrenia about women's breasts is even worse than you suggest though, actually... Although it is apparently ok to have much much cleavage in advertising and television, the thing about source of milk is also a taboo, and breast-feeding women have been arrested for refusing to do so in the ladies' room (sitting on the toilet, presumably?) If I were a Freudian I might attribute this to early weaning... as it is, I see the conflicted thinking but I don't attempt to diagnose it. It exists in women also, so it isn't just a guy thing.

Dana