I'm sure Larry will tell you they are the best possible pets ever and that
of course they can be litterbox trained.

In my experience though, they don't always get it in the box. And they're
smelly. And good luck keeping them just upstairs if you aren't keeping them
in a cage. A tip for if they are free roaming: put a bell collar on them.
The little buggers can fit themselves through a hole the size of a quarter,
but that bell can prevent that. Of course, keeping the collar on can be a
trick.

I like ferrets, but they're just too smelly for me.

-Kevin

> I myself am adopting three ferrets from a friend who doesn't have the time
> to properly care for them anymore.
>
> These guys will not be for the kids though.  The wife and I are looking
> forward to having them as the upstairs pets :)  Question, can you litter
box
> train ferrets?  I would almost rather keep them in the open if you can.
If