Is the directory with the PDF web accessible?  If so, you need to use
the href to the web address.

If not, you need to either a) make the PDF web accessible or b) use
<cfcontent>.  Just a note, though:  <cfcontent> loads the entire PDF
into memory before serving it, so it can get pretty intensive under load.

--benD