Hello everyone...

I am having some strange issues with my web server. I think someone has
hacked into our box and is using it for file sharing. I have had this happen
before but was always prompted by my antivirus software that some type of
backdoor program was installed. This time I cannot find anything running or
out of the ordinary, the only thing I can see is an increase of bandwidth
per day. Usually I have about 350 Megs of Up/Down bandwidth everyday verry
consistently. Now since last night I have had about 3.5 Gigs of bandwidth
usage and rising. How can I find out where it's going?

Is there some type of free port scanner that will give me a clue? I have run
all the OS updates, virus updates and checked if any strange security
accounts were created and I even changed all the passwords. I am pretty much
the only one that has access to this system and no one else would have the
ability to upload files. Luckily there is no sensitive info on this box just
a few websites.

So I guess my question is how can I track down who is accessing my system
and how can protect it?

Thanks for any advice...

Neal Bailey
Internet Marketing Manager
E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]