From: Bailey, Neal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 1:05 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Help - Hack Attack

Hello everyone...

I am having some strange issues with my web server. I think someone has
hacked into our box and is using it for file sharing. I have had this
happen
before but was always prompted by my antivirus software that some type
of
backdoor program was installed. This time I cannot find anything running
or
out of the ordinary, the only thing I can see is an increase of
bandwidth
per day. Usually I have about 350 Megs of Up/Down bandwidth everyday
verry
consistently. Now since last night I have had about 3.5 Gigs of
bandwidth
usage and rising. How can I find out where it's going?

Is there some type of free port scanner that will give me a clue? I have
run
all the OS updates, virus updates and checked if any strange security
accounts were created and I even changed all the passwords. I am pretty
much
the only one that has access to this system and no one else would have
the
ability to upload files. Luckily there is no sensitive info on this box
just
a few websites.

So I guess my question is how can I track down who is accessing my
system
and how can protect it?

Thanks for any advice...

Neal Bailey
Internet Marketing Manager
E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]