It depends on what type of neighborhood you are looking for.

35 minutes is a normal commute in Connecticut. Within 40 miles of Meriden you can find deep woods, suburbs, urban areas and true city life.

There are many fewer apartments for rent than you will find in Florida. But homes for rent are where most people end up. House size and neighborhood affect price, but you should be able to find a house for rent for 700-1100 a month. Apartments are about the same price.

Yards tend to be larger than in Florida (1/4 acre+ at a minimum mostly)

Food costs are a little higher (than FL) in the burbs, and a little higher than that in the city.

Some extra costs:
Storage rental taxes
Manditory car insurance
Income taxes.
Higher sales tax.

Its a lovely place to live.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/02/04 02:10PM >>>
The company is based in Meriden, which is between New Haven and Hartford according to MapQuest.