> Interesting. Is there anyway to "output" back into my cable system? Like
> take over channel 3 or something? The only place I would be able to use
this
> is upstairs on a tiny tv, so it wouldn't get used much (however, I _would_
> use it make nice copies of shows like Enterprise).

Yes, but it might require some additional structural wiring in your home.
What you want to is use a channel modulator and distributor. I had some guys
do the infrastructure for it in my home but I haven't gotten the modulator
part yet.

Here's a link to some of the kinds of equipment:
http://www.hometech.com/techwire/lvcoax.html

The way mine is (almost) set up, is I have RG-6 coax cable like normal that
goes from a splitter (distributior, really) to every TV. Then on the
device(s) that you want to act as a source, like DVD or TiVo, I have a
second coax RG-6 cable that comes from the coax output, goes back into the
wall and down to where all my cable comes in to the house. That RG-6 goes
into a channel modulator to assign it to channel 88 or whatever, then into
the distribution module that is all the RG-6 going to each TV. So tune any
TV to channel 88 and see what the TiVo is playing.

This kind of thing was originally for home security cameras, but is really
catching on for things like satellite and TiVo. There are also RF remotes
that you can get to control the TiVo from anywhere in the house.

-Kevin